• Gustave Courbet - "Le Bord de Mer à Palavas" (1854)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Attic forts

Just thought I'd throw a couple of pictures up here of some Attic forts we visited today. They were both built in the 4th century BC, and are pretty darn scenic.








This is Eleutherai. In the background (to the right) is Mt. Kithairon, where the poor Oedipus was exposed and picked up by a Corinthian shepherd. . . . .eventually causing the downfall of Oedipus' entire family.








This is Aigosthena. I know it doesn't look all that big, but this thing is massive. Oh yeah, and it's about 500 yards from one of the nicest beaches I've ever been to.




Attica is safe in my hands.

3 comments:

Souza said...

This looks awesome. Keep sending those updates. It's like we're living it with you...

richard dandelion said...

Yeah, man. We're loving it.

Dirk Handlebar said...

No - that's a good idea.

About Me

My photo
ἐνὶ τοῖς γὰρ ἀείδομεν οἳ λιγὺν ἦχον τέττιγος, θόρυβον δ’ οὐκ ἐφίλησαν ὄνων "I sing to those who prefer the clear cicada sound, who do not like the braying of asses." Callimachus, Aeitia fr. 1 (Pfeiffer)