• Gustave Courbet - "Le Bord de Mer à Palavas" (1854)

Friday, June 20, 2008

Jana and I hate Dunkin' Donuts

Okay, so we don't hate their donuts. They're delicious. We hate their slogan:



Jana first noticed this, but I totally agree with her. This slogan seems innocent enough, except that the slogan and banner make it look like a Dunkin' donut is exercise food. It's pretty much a health food, right? I mean, who doesn't wake up, pound a couple of donuts, and head out for a trail run?

From the Dunkin' Donuts nutrition website:

1 Glazed Donut: 230 calories, 90 from fat. 21% of the day's saturated fat for a 2,000 calorie diet.

1 Chocolate Frosted Cake Donut: 330 calories, 170 from fat. That's 46% of the day's saturated fat - for a 2,000 calorie diet.

1 Supreme Omelet on a Crossaint: 530 calories, 300 from fat. 72% of the day's saturated fat (2000 calorie diet, again).

1 Reduced Fat Blueberry Muffin: 400 calories, 45 from fat. Only 10% of the day's saturated fat, but 20% of the day's calories in one stinkin' muffin! The "reduced fat" muffin, true to its name, has less fat than the other products, but has more calories than a cake donut. It's not diet food.



America doesn't run on Dunkin. It waddles.

5 comments:

Jana said...

I'm so glad I have Dave to vent my issues! Thanks Dave =)

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, donuts... A few weeks ago I ate their bacon egg and cheese croissant breakfast sandwich. I could feel my double chin getting bigger with every bite. Never again...

Lindsey said...

What Marshal?! You went to Dunkin for breakfast? Did you have a meltdown I didn't know about? And if the slogan wasn't bad enough...I think the voice is kind of annoying too. But donuts are always yummy.

Unknown said...

No wonder I'm not losing any weight. All that running for nothing!

Jason Work said...

Didn't I once see a sports documentary where John Belushi won a race by eating little chocolate donuts? I'm not buying your thesis dude.

About Me

My photo
ἐνὶ τοῖς γὰρ ἀείδομεν οἳ λιγὺν ἦχον τέττιγος, θόρυβον δ’ οὐκ ἐφίλησαν ὄνων "I sing to those who prefer the clear cicada sound, who do not like the braying of asses." Callimachus, Aeitia fr. 1 (Pfeiffer)