• Gustave Courbet - "Le Bord de Mer à Palavas" (1854)

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Springsteen You've Probably Never Heard



Most of you who know me know that I'm a pretty huge Bruce Springsteen fan. Great music, lyrics, and his sound has evolved so much over the years that there's always something for everyone.

I uploaded a few songs you may not be familiar with, mostly from his earlier days, at dirkhandlebar.muxtape.com. Just click on the song to listen.

I hope you enjoy them.

3 comments:

Utah Man said...

I saw this article the other day (even though it was written in 2002) and immediately thought of you.

enjoy!

http://www.slate.com/id/2069047/

Jenny Moore said...

Love it! I've heard "This Little Light" before-I think on YouTube or something. My favorite is still "Thunder Road." or maybe "Ain't Got You." or "Badlands" because it was so killer live!
Awesome post!

richard dandelion said...

Sweet dude. You still owe me a mixtape, lover.

About Me

My photo
ἐνὶ τοῖς γὰρ ἀείδομεν οἳ λιγὺν ἦχον τέττιγος, θόρυβον δ’ οὐκ ἐφίλησαν ὄνων "I sing to those who prefer the clear cicada sound, who do not like the braying of asses." Callimachus, Aeitia fr. 1 (Pfeiffer)